GLIDE are a Made in Yorkshire Gold Member
GLIDE is an employee owned
company that represents all the shareholder members who work in it’s partner
companies, Gripple, PMS Diecasting, Loadhog
and Go Tools.
The letters of GLIDE are an acronym of:
This definition embodies the main attributes of the people who work in our company. Any shareholder in any investee company is automatically a member of GLIDE. Irrespective of how many shares a member has, it is one member, one vote, on GLIDE matters.
As shareholders, each one of us has a vested interest in contributing to the process of driving through growth and promoting innovation in all areas of the business. Everyone has the right to express their opinions in a responsible and constructive manner. Likewise, we all have a duty to listen, to explore the validity of those opinions.
– To act as custodian / protector of its gifted share dowry from Hugh Facey and
Roger Hall, and to ensure they are never sold.
– To act as market maker in the buying and selling of members’ shares
– To exercise its right to use the Golden Share, (explained in a following section) in order to prevent the break-up of companies for the sole purpose of profit
– To establish an employee elected board of directors to represent its members
– To charge the board with the responsibility of determining the best way to distribute dividend income from the gifted shares on behalf of their members. – To harness our unique culture and pass it on to future generations
GLIDE has been established to preserve and develop employee culture; to look after the interests of its members and to generate engagement by everyone in their company. It’s great to feel that everyone is an owner of their business.